Winter is a great time to sell your home.
· The serious buyers visit and buy homes during winter months. They are not shoppers but real buyers.
· Inventory is typically lower during the winter months creating more interest and less competition with other sellers.
· Many people find out about their year-end bonuses. This gives them more buying power and more motivation.
· There can be year-end tax benefits.
· People relocating mid-year from abroad or within the US typically need to make quick decisions, especially if they have to enroll their children in school. They are decisive buyers and know their budget.
· Some homes show better in the winter. Certain features such as a fireplace, a hot tub, a southern exposure add value to a home.
· People spend more time indoors in front of computers during the winter. The internet allows one to search for properties 24/7.
Always consult with your accountant and financial advisor before selling.